Chicago Public Library Foundation deeply values all contributions to sustain our mission. To protect the privacy of our donors and their special relationship with the Chicago Public Library Foundation we maintain the following policies:
- We may request personal information online, such as name, address, phone number, email address, and credit card number ONLY for the purposes of accepting donations to the Chicago Public Library Foundation
- We will not release or use this information for any other purpose unless we have your consent.
- We do not trade or sell your personal information with other organizations.
- We offer donors the option to be recognized anonymously.
- Donors may request, at any time, to not receive our solicitations.
- Donors may request to not receive certain mailings, such as our newsletter.
- We do not track, collect or distribute personal information entered by those who visit our website
- .Personal data collected through our website is encrypted using 256-bit AES (Advanced Encryption Standard) technology.
- Personal information stored in the Chicago Public Library Foundation database is protected with a secured login with authentication, assignment of a unique ID to each person with computer access, regular pass code changes, and user IDs are deactivated or terminated as needed.
- All information provided to Chicago Public Library Foundation is transmitted using SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption. SSL is a proven coding system that lets your browser automatically encrypt, or scramble, data before you send it to us. We also protect account information by placing it on a secure portion of our site that is only accessible by certain qualified employees of Chicago Public Library Foundation. Unfortunately, however, no data transmission over the Internet is 100 percent secure. While we strive to protect your information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of such information.
We make every effort to ensure the accuracy of our donor database. Please contact the Chicago Public Library Foundation at email@example.com if you would like us to update, correct or remove your personal information.
What Information We Collect and How We Use That Information:
Our registration forms require users to give us contact information that may include name, email address, format preference (HTML vs. Text), address, interests and similar information. We do not request or store sensitive information from our visitors, such as credit card or Social Security numbers.
Internet Protocol Address:
We collect an IP address from all visitors to our site. An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet. We use IP addresses to help diagnose problems with our server, administer our site, analyze trends, track users' movement, gather broad demographic information for aggregate use in order for us to improve the site, and deliver customized, personalized content. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information.
Use of "Cookies":
All information provided to Chicago Public Library Foundation is transmitted using SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption. SSL is a proven coding system that lets your browser automatically encrypt, or scramble, data before you send it to us. We also protect account information by placing it on a secure portion of our site that is only accessible by certain qualified employees of Chicago Public Library Foundation. Unfortunately, however, no data transmission over the Internet is 100 percent secure. While we strive to protect your information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of such information.
If a user elects to use our referral service for informing a friend about our site, we ask them for the friend's name and email address. Chicago Public Library Foundation will automatically send the friend a one-time email inviting them to visit the site. Chicago Public Library Foundation stores this information for the sole purpose of sending this one-time email.
Our site contains links to other websites. Please note that when you click on one of these links, you are entering another website for which Chicago Public Library Foundation has no responsibility. We encourage you to read the privacy statements on all such sites as their policies may be different than ours.
Contacting the Chicago Public Library Foundation:
Chicago Public Library Foundation
20 N Michigan Ave, Ste 520
Chicago, IL 60602
You can also send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.